USB RFID tags reader supporting Unique standard
RFID-USB-DESK Reader enables to read codes from transponders working in UNIQUE standard. RFID reader connects to PC via USB cable. Power for the device is also supplied over USB.
The product operates on the basis of CDC and HID class of USB interface. Software supplied with the device ensures quick and easy configuration.
RFID-USB-DESK Reader is provided with 3 LEDs, which can be assigned to events: ON, OFF or ON READ.
Configuration allows you to set a Prefix and Postfix code and select the format of the card code from the seven available:
- Binary – sequence of five bytes received directly from the card. This format is used almost exclusively in the mode: virtual COM port
- HEX LowerCase Letter – received code is converted to hexadecimal system (hexadecimal) of the lowercase instance: 1a2b3c4d5e.
- HEX UpperCase Letter – received code is converted to hexadecimal system (hexadecimal) with large letters for example: 1A2B3C4D5E.
- HEX UpperCase Letter Minus – received code is converted to hexadecimal system (hexadecimal) with large letters and also between bytes is introduced character “-” for example: 1A-2B-3C-4D-5E.
Some applications require data input in decimal format. In this case, selecting:
- Decimal 4 bytes – transforms the four youngest bytes, for example: 2B3C4D5E to the value 0725372254
- Decimal 3 bytes – transforms the three younegest bytes, for example: 3C4D5E to the value 0003951966
- Decimal 3,5 bytes – turns three and a half youngest byte, for example: B3C4D5E to the value 0188501342
- Decimal 5 bytes – turns all tag code, for example 1A2B3C4D5E to the value 112394521950
Read Delay alow to choose from 6 options. First of all reading the tag with 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 seconds delay. In options No delay tag is read every 0.5 seconds. The most interesting option is Only new tag, wherein the tag is read only once even when it’s still close to reader. The next reading occurs when transponder is removed and again applied.
A useful function can be set Prefix or Postfix 15 bytes each. As a result, the reader can be programmed to display the code read from the transponder for example:
CARD CODE: 1A-4D-1E-1B-11 <ENTER>
The RFID-USB-DESK Reader can be also integrate with user own software through the use of CDC mode (virtual serial port). This mode allows to take complete control over the device. User can light each LED individually and run a built-in sound generator. After approaching the transponder data will be automatically sent to the serial port. As a result, in a very simple way user can create an application that expects approaching the transponder and depending on the read code can generate increasing ring (eg. acceptance) or the sound of falling (eg. rejection).
Where the Reader can be use
The reader, in cooperation with applications running on Windows or Linux OS can be used in variety of situations:
- wherever there is a need for frequent loging in numerous users to a single computer,
- to quickly identify rental equipment,
- in veterinary surgeries,
- clubs, loyalty systems.
The elevation (front label) of the device can be performed in different versions according to customer.
Power supply: USB 5V (powered by USB port of a computer)
Standard supported transponders: UNIQUE
Reading distance: approximately 10 cm
Dimensions: height – 22 mm, width – 57.5 mm depth – 91,3mm