Desktop RFID USB tag reader
RFID USB Desk is a small desktop reader powered directly by a USB port. The device is used to read RFID tags. The configuration software allows user to modify the code.
The reader, depending on the version, supports the following transponders:
|Mifare Classic, Mifare Plus (UID), Mifare DESFire (UID)||RFID USB Desk Mif|
|Unique EM4100 EM4102||RFID USB Desk Uni|
|HID iClass (tylko CSN)||RFID USB Desk iCla|
|HID 125kHz||RFID USB Desk H125|
|ICODE (ISO 15693)||RFID USB Desk Ico|
|HITAG (HITAG 2)||RFID USB Desk HT2|
For the UNIQUE standard, the pocket version is available: RFID USB Pocket in the form of a Pendrive.
RFID USB DESK Reader enables to read codes from RFID transponders. The reader connects to PC via USB cable. Power for the device is also supplied over USB.
The product operates on the basis of CDC and HID class of USB interface. Software supplied with the device ensures quick and easy configuration.
- USB 5V (powered by USB port of a computer)
- reading distance: approximately 8 cm,
- frequency: 125kHz or 13.56MHz (depending on the version).
Communication takes place via a USB port. Reader operating modes:
- HID – keyboard emulation mode,
- CDC – virtual serial port mode.
RFID reader dimensions: height: 22mm, width: 57.5mm, length: 91.3mm.
Configuration allows user to set a Prefix and Postfix code and select the format of the card code from the seven available:
- Binary – sequence of five bytes received directly from the card. This format is used almost exclusively in the mode: virtual COM port
- HEX LowerCase Letter – received code is converted to hexadecimal system (hexadecimal) of the lowercase instance: 1a2b3c4d5e.
- HEX UpperCase Letter – received code is converted to hexadecimal system (hexadecimal) with large letters for example: 1A2B3C4D5E.
- HEX UpperCase Letter Minus – received code is converted to hexadecimal system (hexadecimal) with large letters and also between bytes is introduced character “-” for example: 1A-2B-3C-4D-5E.
Some applications require data input in decimal format. In this case, selecting:
- Decimal 4 bytes – transforms the four youngest bytes, for example: 2B3C4D5E to the value 0725372254
- Decimal 3 bytes – transforms the three younegest bytes, for example: 3C4D5E to the value 0003951966
- Decimal 3,5 bytes – turns three and a half youngest byte, for example: B3C4D5E to the value 0188501342
- Decimal 5 bytes – turns all tag code, for example 1A2B3C4D5E to the value 112394521950
The reader has the Read Delay option. It allows to define the time after which the next transponder can be read:
- Only new TAG – the same tag is read after a user-specified time, while the transponder will be read immediately,
- No delay – reads the next transponder every 0.5 seconds.
- User defined – the user specifies the delay time that will be used for each transponder.
A useful function can be set Prefix or Postfix 15 bytes each. As a result, the reader can be programmed to display the code read from the transponder for example:
- 1A-4D-1E-1B-11 <ENTER>,
- Odczytano kod: 1A-4D-1E-1B-11 <ENTER>,
- Odczytano kod: 1A-4D-1E-1B-11 <ALT> <F4>.
The RFID USB DESK Reader can be also integrate with user own software through the use of CDC mode (virtual serial port). This mode allows to take complete control over the device. User can light each LED individually and run a built-in sound generator. After approaching the transponder data will be automatically sent to the serial port. As a result, in a very simple way user can create an application that expects approaching the transponder and depending on the read code can generate increasing ring (eg. acceptance) or the sound of falling (eg. rejection).
Where the Reader can be use
The reader, in cooperation with applications running on Windows or Linux OS can be used in variety of situations:
- wherever there is a need for frequent loging in numerous users to a single computer,
- to quickly identify rental equipment,
- in veterinary surgeries,
- clubs, loyalty systems.
The elevation (front label) of the device can be performed in different versions according to customer.